Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wet N Wild's ColorIcon Baked Eyeshadow Palettes

Wet n Wild Coloicon Baked Shadows
FINALLY WET N WILD BAKED SHADOWS ARE HERE! Yay1 I finally got my hands on these sought after palettes. As a rule I always keep them in their original packaging they are just colorful to me. But these babies here are amazing and I love that they have liners with them and they don't come with applicators as the other palettes has; which is just fine with me.
I have to say if I  had to pick my favorite of the three palettes, this would have to be it...love the pinks and the purples. The one thing I didn't like with these palettes are that they aren't very pigmented without a primer/base, and it broke my heart cause WNW shadows are usually pigmented without prime/base...so with these I was disappointed. They look totally awesome wet.

When applied dry, the shadows are a bit powdery, had quite a bit of fallout, have to be layered several times to achieve a true-to-pan color. However, the shimmer wasn't lost nor is it "too much" (the shimmer is very wearable). When applied wet, the shadows are much smoother, had little-to-no fallout, and didn't require much layering to achieve true-to-pan color. The shimmer is more noticeable when applied wet. All of the shades applied evenly and blended very well without fading away. Each shade wore all day and night (over a primer/ base) without creasing or fading.
 I think the shades apply better wet (this is the case with most baked eye shadows), but you can work with them dry.  The packaging of Wet n' Wild's Limited Edition Baked Eyeshadow Palettes. Are plastic, with a black base and a removable clear plastic lid. The palette and miniature eyeliner are packaged together inside of a box.
 Wet n' Wild's Limited Edition Baked Eyeshadow Palettes can be found in-stores at select Walgreens, and retails for around $4.99. There are three Limited Edition Baked Eyeshadow Palettes. All Wet n' Wild products are cruelty-free!

2 comments:

  1. I bought the Baking a Cake. Love the colors. Have yet to try them. Thanks for your info on dry vs wet. I am a big creaser, even when I used primer/base. Main reason why I don't really wear shadow. However, been trying again. I love the colors in Baked No Fried, so I will look for that one. I am not a blue shadow person, so I'll pass on that one.

    Thanks again!! :)

    ReplyDelete