Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Color workshop Ultimate Color Collection

Color Worshop Ultimate Color Collection
I got this makeup collection set for Christmas form my darling sister. It's a real treasure for any makeup maven whose on a budget and wants something fun to work with. After looking at this set I knew I wanted to play in it and try out all the colors. I like The Color WorkShop makeup, cause some are really great...after the last makeup kit I got I was very happy from the results that I saw.

With this kit you get alot. For a wonderful  collection and you'll love the shades that comes in these palettes. So you say what comes with this collection? Well I'll share with you what's in this awesome kit. Let's take alook at the lip gloss palette shall we!

This palette has some cute shades in it...pinks, coals, browns, nudes, peaches,  all neutral shades that will sure to flatter all skin tones. I didn't do any swatches, so I can't really say if they are smooth to the touch, or if they are tacky. I will do and update on these palettes and give you the skinny.

I like to think of this as the cool palette for all the cool tones that it has. Blues, blacks, purples & greens so to me it's the cool palette. Again, no swatches.



Meet the lovely warm/neutral palette with browns, golds, tans, sands,whits, grays this makes a really great palette for your everyday to natural look. I will be creating some looks with this palette.


Now here come the confusing part for me, cause it it say on the packaging that there's 4 press powders, 2 blushes...so excuse me if i can't tell you which is which. They don't have names on them which makes it hard to tell. But I can be versatile with each one. That's the beauty of makeup.


What beautiful shades. I love pink so this was really a great sight for me. You have your lightest pink which looks white. Then you have your soft girlie pink which I'll take is not the blush... next you have a light in pinkish-purplish shade which this pic does it no justice (really!)...last there's the the hot pink which I'm taking is the blush. It has a a matte finish than the other 3...which has alittle shimmer to it. Now I did do a few swatches of these to see how the look against my skin and see if they are pigmented. Here's the results of that...

No primer /base

This pic has not a drop of primer or base, and the colors are faint and you see just a hint of shimmer.
You can see some of the color, I put them in order and I was very disappointed with these results. The next pic you'll see I used just a white base to see if the colors will become more vibrant.

Base/Nyx JESP Milk
I was very disappointed, it reminds me of my Bitchslap Drunk Bitch palette with the real soft velvet shades that has alot of shimmer but not alot of POP! For a few to be eye shadows I can see I'm really going to be upset. maybe if I use a cream base of the same shade and maybe the color will POP more. But for the blush I like to see color and a sweet pop of a flushed look.

This kit also included 3 beautiful lipsticks and their shades are divine. I'm not a very huge fan of lipstick, I will wear it every now an again, but if I came across a shade that I absolutely love I will get it and wear it. The first shade is like a coral color, the next one is a fuchsia color and the last one is like a nude taupe color. They are creamy and the color is excellent!!!!

Here's two eyeliners which I found to be really great cause they are creamy and they don't tug the eyes. They came in two colors...brown & black your basic colors. Think I'll get some great use out of these.

Here's the last of the collection. 2 nice nail polishes in awesome colors too. Girlie pink & burgundy or wine. it's winter and these would be some really cool colors to wear during the winter months. Nothing wrong with adding color to your winter time blues! Change it up from time to time.

All in all I say that some of the items are a hit while others became a sore miss. After trying these items out i;ll have a full detailed report for you on all items in this collection. If you have this collection please share your thoughts with me, I would love to hear what you have to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment